torstai 1. huhtikuuta 2010

So many things to learn

So many things to learn... Sometimes it can be hard for a perfectionist, but it's nice to have challenges. :-) In Buenos Aires I went to a tango lesson 3 times and a milonga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milonga) twice. And realised how far I am from really knowing how to dance tango. Going to 'lavatanssit' in Finland wasn't much of help... But now I know at least the 'ocho' steps. And I can continue practising in August when I´ll be back in Buenos Aires for my return flight. I wonder if I´ll be using my dancing shoes anywhere before that.

At milongas I met two Finnish guys who´ve taken a break from work, rented an apartment in Buenos Aires and are learning & enjoying the tango scene of the city. Sounds tempting, anyone? :-)

Another, big thing to learn is the Spanish language. I'm hearing and trying to use it every day. Absolutely the best way to learn a language is to travel to a country where they speak it! I'm struggling with the verbs, I'll try to learn the past tenses quickly. I need them when telling my hosts what I've done during the day or before coming to their town. In Couchsurfing groups (on the CS website) people seem to use mostly Spanish. Oh, how we are abedient to the CS rules in Finland, using only English. Well, much more travelers speak Spanish than Finnish.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti