sunnuntai 6. heinäkuuta 2014

Countryside Walks and Other Visits - the End of My Stay in Paris


I'm writing this back home in Finland - It's not too motivating to write about something that happened over two months ago, but as I'm going abroad again today (this time for holidays only), I'm determined to get this done now. Towards the end of my stay in Paris, I got tired of the city...
...and started to miss the countryside so much that I went to the library and borrowed a guide book with 400 walks around Paris. I started by taking a train out of Paris with a friend of mine, Brigitte, and going to the big forest of Chantilly:
Then, with my friend Brigitte and her friend Anna, I headed to the villages of Longueville, Savins, and Saint-Loup-de-Naud:
With another Erasmus student from Finland, Elina, I took a train to Fontainebleau and walked through the forest to Samois-sur-Seine:
And last but not least, I walked with my friend Laure from Chars to Moussy. She adored these yellow flowers:
At Easter, my boyfriend and I visited Orléans, a city famous for Jeanne D'Arc
...and located on the Loire River:
The Loire Valley is known for its châteaux, the castles. We managed to visit one of them, the largest, called Chambord.
Just before I left Paris at the end of the spring semester, my friend Sage from Alaska was cycling in France and came to see me!!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti